Defensive Network Security Introduction
This course provides students with a detailed understanding of the various risks that need to be addressed in a networked environment. A detailed analysis of various defence mechanisms against threats is part of this course. Various policies that are in practice to mitigate threats and their effectiveness are covered in the course. The course will have both theoretical knowledge and some hands-on experience with various tools.
- Perform brute force checks on remote authentication services.
- Observe and track network traffic and use a simple IDS and IPS.
- Perform internal and external vulnerability assessments on a system.
- Assess the security of their wireless environment.
- Understand how to generate a malicious payload, and what to look for to detect them.
Students must have a basic knowledge of networking, packets and ideally some experience with the command line
We bring you this course in partnership with Auldhouse